Team #1 GREEN
Team #2 RED
Team #3 BLUE
and Team #4 RED
(tole paint works great) We started each group at a different activity. There were a total of 6 different activities located throughout the church building, place a flag at each activity location. At any given time there were 2 or more locations not in use. On the way to each activity they will be doing different things from skipping to walking backwards. Each card has it listed and an image to help them out. See below to download pdf of images for personal use.
1. Balance: While balancing a golfball on a spoon in your mouth each member must complete the relay race to move on. We made a little path with chairs in the primary room, in a few spots they had to step over a chair or something in their way, if they dropped the ball they had to go to the beginning and start again. We also had them complete it one at a time.
2. Detour: Eat a Jalapeño or make butter. Directions to making butter: you will need a total of 4 pint size canning jar and 4 cups of heavy whipping cream, pour jar half full, 1 cup each, then place lid and ring on jar and start shaking! Don’t get discouraged, it may take a little while but you will be surprised when all the sudden you have butter! If you decide to eat it, don’t forget to pour off the butter milk and make sure to add a hint of table salt, it will be quite soft.
3. Road Block: Choose only one player to complete this task.Hint: must like to eat! With out looking on the bottom the player needs to eat the items first and once all the cups with a smiley face on it are found they can proceed to their next activity. We had 4 small round tables one for each group and placed about 15 cups on each table, prior to putting the cups down put e random smiley faces on the bottom of different cups. Fill only the bottom of each cup with different items like apple juice, M&M’s, nuts, gold fish, oreo, etc.
4. Memorize: As a group choose one paragraph from “The Proclamation to the Family”, memorize it while in the Young Women’s Room and recite it in the Relief Society Room.
5. Match: Correctly match the 12 Apostle’s pictures with their corresponding names. You may want to find a fun app for this and have a few iPad’s or phones in case 2 teams are in there at the same time
UPDATES: Since the app I originally used is no longer online and doesn’t work I created this page that they have to write in the names of the apostles and then number them in their order of apostleship. There is an “Answer Key” for the leader over this.
6. Pittstop: Congratulations, you have completed all of your challenges, make your way to the overflow area where your host awaits. The first team to check in Wins!
This activity takes about an hour.